The dollar appreciated strongly against the euro, before recovering most of the lost ground before it was due to the correction position and the publication of the US data. As shown by Philadelphia Fed report, in June index of business activity has improved markedly, reaching thus the level of 15.2 points compared with 6.7 points in May. It is worth noting that many economists had expected growth of this indicator to the level of 8.0 points. In general, the sub-indices showed themselves as follows: the index of sale prices in June rose to 4.8 against -5.4 in May, the employment index fell to 3.8 from 6.7, the supply index rose to 14.3 from 1 0, the index of purchase prices improved to -14.2 against 17.2 in May, the new orders index rose to 15.2 from 4.0, the index of inventories rose to 3.1 from -1.8 in May, and delivery time index fell to -4.6 from -3.6.
Meanwhile, the data provided by Conference Board, showed: the index of leading indicators (LEI) United States rose 0.7 percent in May, reaching 123.1 points (2004 = 100), after increasing by 0.7 percent in April and increase in the 0.4 per cent in March. It was expected that this index added 0.4 percent. It also became known that the index of coincident indicators of the Conference Board (CEI) in the US rose last month by 0.1 percent - up to 112.1 (2004 = 100) after rising 0.2 percent in April. Meanwhile, the index of lagging indicators from the Conference Board (LAG) for the US increased by 0.2 percent - up to 117.0 (2004 = 100). Recall, according to the results of April the figure rose to 0.2 percent.
The pound fell against the dollar, retreating from the highest level since November 2014. Traders note that investors are starting to take profits after the appreciation of the pound by more than 2 per cent since the beginning of the week. Previously, the pressure on the US currency has statistics on inflation. The US Labor Department said the consumer price index rose a seasonally adjusted 0.4% in May compared with the previous month. It was the biggest gain since February 2013, when high gasoline prices pushed up the overall index. Except for the volatile categories of food and energy, so-called core prices increased 0.1%. Economists had expected overall prices to rise 0.5%, while core prices will rise by 0.2%.
Meanwhile, another report showed that initial applications for unemployment benefits, a measure of layoffs throughout the US, fell by 12 thousand. And seasonally adjusted reached 267 thousand. For the week ended June 13. Economists had expected 275 thousand. Primary applications. The number of applications for the previous week have not been reviewed and remain at the level of 279 thousand.
|remaining time till the new event being published|
All posted material is a marketing communication solely for informational purposes and reliance on this may lead to loss. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results. Please read our full disclaimer.