(+357) 22314160


Show news:
  • All news
  • Currencies
  • Stocks
  • Commodities

22.10.2014 15:20

Gold: an overview of the market situation

Gold prices declined moderately today, departing from the six-week high, which was associated with the strengthening of the dollar to one-week high against the euro and the physical signs of reduced demand.

Market participants are also expected to release the Chinese manufacturing PMI from HSBC for September, which will tell about the health of the economy. On Tuesday, the government data showed that on an annualized basis, China's economy grew in the third quarter by 7.3%, compared with growth of 7.5% in the previous quarter. While the figure exceeded market expectations of growth of 7.2%, it still was a minimum in the first quarter of 2009.

Experts point out that the relatively high price of gold reflects the uncertainty in the health of the global economy. Since the beginning of October, the gold has risen in price by more than 3 percent after a 6 percent drop in September. In the coming days, the market may decline as demand for gold in India and China reduced

"Gold and other metals were slightly oversold, and $ 1,200 - a sustained level of support. This month increased purchases in China, supported the gold, "- said Standard Bank analyst Yuichi Ikemidzu.

The course of trade was also affected by today's inflation data for the United States. As it became known, consumer prices rose slightly in September - this is the last sign of restrained inflationary pressures on the United States amid fears of a global slowdown. The consumer price index rose a seasonally adjusted 0.1% in September compared with the previous month, the Labour Department said. With the exception of volatile categories (food and energy) prices also rose by 0.1%. Economists had forecast the continued importance of the overall consumer price increase of 0.2% so-called core prices. Compared with a year earlier, consumer prices and prices excluding food and energy rose 1.7% each. Overall prices fell 0.2% in August.

The cost of the December gold futures on the COMEX today dropped to 1244.70 dollars per ounce.

Market Focus

January 2018
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011
  • 2010
  • 2009
  • 2008
  • 2007
  • 2006
  • 2005
  • 2004
  • 2003
  • 2002


All posted material is a marketing communication solely for informational purposes and reliance on this may lead to loss. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results. Please read our full disclaimer.

To maximize our visitors browsing experience TeleTrade uses cookies in our web services. By continuing to browse this site you agree to our use of cookies. If you disagree, you may change your browser settings at any time. Read more

Fb twitter linkedIn youtube
proficient forex broker teletrade
  • © 2011-2018 TeleTrade-DJ International Consulting Ltd

    TeleTrade-DJ International Consulting Ltd is registered as a Cyprus Investment Firm (CIF) under registration number HE272810 and licensed by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) under license number 158/11.

    The company operates in accordance with Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID).

  • The information on this website is for informational purposes only. All the services and information provided have been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable. TeleTrade-DJ International Consulting Ltd ("TeleTrade") and/or any third-party information providers provide the services and information without warranty of any kind. By using this information and services you agree that under no circumstances shall TeleTrade have any liability to any person or entity for any loss or damage in whole or part caused by reliance on such information and services.

  • TeleTrade cooperates with SafeCharge Limited, which is an electronic money institution authorized and regulated by the Central Bank of Cyprus and is a principal member of MasterCard Europe and Visa Europe. We also cooperate with Moneybookers and Neteller, which offer electronic e-wallet services authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Please read our full Terms of Use.

  • To maximize our visitors browsing experience TeleTrade uses cookies in our web services. By continuing to browse this site you agree to our use of cookies. If you disagree, you may change your browser settings at any time. Read more

    TeleTrade-DJ International Consulting Ltd currently does not provide its services to residents or nationals of the USA, and also doesn't provide retail Forex and CFD accounts to residents or nationals of Belgium.

Connect with Us
Share on
social networks
Request a callback
Top Page