European Central Bank President Mario Draghi: the central bank is ready to implement additional unconventional instruments.
The European Central Bank (ECB) President Mario Draghi said at the EP's Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee today:
- The economic recovery in the Eurozone is slowing;
- Geopolitical tensions could hurt business and consumer confidence;
- Inflation will remain at low levels over the coming months, before increasing during 2015 and 2016;
- The central bank will soon start purchasing simple and transparent securities and covered bonds;
- "The Governing Council remains fully determined to counter risks to the medium-term outlook for inflation";
- ECB is ready to implement additional unconventional instruments.