FX & CFD trading involves significant risk
The price of oil rose moderately after a government report showed that U.S. crude inventories declined for the previous week .
Data from the Department of Energy on changes in stocks in the week April 28 - May 3, showed :
- Oil reserves fell by 1.781 million barrels to 397.576 million barrels ;
- Gasoline inventories increased by 1,608 million barrels . to 213.18 million barrels . ;
- Distillate stocks fell by 0.447 million barrels . to 114.002 million barrels .
- Refining capacity utilization rate of 90.2 % against 91.0 % a week earlier ;
- Oil terminal in Cushing declined by 1.395 million barrels . to 24.033 million barrels .
Experts polled by Bloomberg, expected increase in oil reserves by 1250 thousand barrels , gasoline inventories increase by 500 thousand barrels and distillate stocks increase by 750 thousand barrels.
Recall also that their data were presented yesterday Institute of oil API. They showed :
- Capacity utilization in the week 91.3 % vs. 90.5%
- Distillate stocks last week 0.763 million barrels
- Gasoline inventories last week 2.4 million barrels
- Crude oil inventories -1.8 million barrels
Meanwhile, adding that oil traders continued to monitor developments in Ukraine , where the conflict between the government and pro-Russian separatists continued to deteriorate , leading to fears that the crisis will grow deeper tightening U.S. opposition . The West accuses Russia manual separatist rebellion in the east of Ukraine , after the annexation of the Crimea in the past month.
The dynamics also influenced word Fed chief Yellen , who gave a rather positive assessment of the economic outlook , speaking before Congress . Nevertheless , it signaled that her optimism has not changed the central bank's plan to retain short-term interest rates near zero for the foreseeable future .
June futures on U.S. light crude oil WTI (Light Sweet Crude Oil) rose to $ 100.66 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX).
June futures price for North Sea Brent crude oil mixture rose $ 0.31 to $ 107.50 a barrel on the London exchange ICE Futures Europe.
|remaining time till the new event being published|
All posted material is a marketing communication solely for informational purposes and reliance on this may lead to loss. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results. Please read our full disclaimer.